At Mahakala Center
Host your own retreat
A homely eco retreat that is available for rent our venue for private events and retreats. Our centre is located in a small seaside village of Montenegro cradled by mountains and the sea. It was designed and built for yoga, dance, sound, meditation and spiritual exploration. We provide you with a fully plant based catering, housekeeping, and equipment for your classes. Our sanctuary offers a space for your guests to rest and explore their passions.
2024 dates available:
- 9-15 March 2024
- 5-12 May 2024
- 19-25 May 2024
- 12 -18 May 2024
- 3-10 August 2024
- 13-19 October 2024
- 19-26 October 2024
- 26 Oct – 2 November 2024
ABOUT OUR VENUE
Our venue was created to offer a space for connection, yoga, mindfulness and for you to come and host your retreats without having to worry about equipment, food and accommodation. The venue was built to offer a meaningful experience for guests to come and retreat away from their everyday life. We are not a luxury retreat but rather a homely venue with a character. Our venue was built following sustainability principles, sourcing our spring water from the mountains, getting our food from local farmers and partially using solar power.
The venue is located in Buljarica, a small town on the Montenegrin coast, overlooking the mountains and the sea. We are on a steep hill about 15min walk from the second longest beach in all of Montenegro. The beach itself is a beautiful rocky beach and we have a beach yoga platform at the end of the bay to which we can organise a shuttle for your group. Although our venue is close to nature, we are not in a complete seclusion as we have neighbours around us. The high season (July/August) is normally the busiest time in our village, meaning there may be more noise and tourists. However, outside of those months it is usually very peaceful and calm. There are various walking trails nearby and we are located conveniently for doing different excursions to nearby places such as a boat tour from Buljarica beach (15min walk), lake Skadar (30min by car), Budva old town (40min by car) and Kotor (60min by car). There is a small shop, a couple of restaurants, cafes and a bus stop in our town. However, we are only 10min drive away from Petrovac, which is a gorgeous seaside town with many more restaurants and a coastal walk.
OUR PLANT BASED CUISINE
In the venure hires full catouring is included. Mahakala’s nutritious vegan food is wholesome, fresh and always homemade. At each buffet, we offer a number of dishes from freshly made pastries to salads made of homegrown vegetables to ensure there is always something for everyone. There are no complicated detox programs, just nutritious food created with love. To ensure a balanced vegan diet the menu is curated my Dr Vesna Lemm, a detox & nutrition specialist.
We offer 2 daily homemade vegan buffets. Our meal times are based on a powerful intermittent fasting philosophy (our favourite health tip!). This involves two highly nutritious meals per day (served at 10:00 and 17:00).
OUR FACILITIES for our retreat venue hires
- Large yoga shala with a sea view (max 18 people)
- Aerial Yoga studio (with 8 aerial hammocks)
- Yoga equipment: maduka yoga mats, carpets, cushions, bulsters, straps, blocks, blankets, music instruments
- Free infra-red sauna for detoxing
- Free rooftop Jacuzzi with sunbathing area
- Outdoor bathtubs
- Reception & self love shop
- Restaurant & dining area (outdoor & indoor)
- Outdoor hammock lounge
- Zen garden
- Spa room for massages and treatments
- Air conditioning & heating
- Free Wi-Fi
- Sound system & Projector for PowerPoint or films
ACCOMMODATION for our retreat venue hires
Mahakala Retreat (max 14 people) Each room has its own private bathroom and the beds in the rooms can be put together as a double bed or separated into two single beds (excluding the dorm room).
- 2 Sea & Mountain View Ensuites (2 people) with private bathroom & balcony
- 1 Seaview Ensuite (2 people) with entrance to yoga shala & private bathroom
- 2 Basic Double rooms (2 people) with private bathroom on the ground floor
- 1 Dorm room (4 people) with 2 bunk beds with private bathroom and mountain view
You can find more detailed information and photos of each room in “our place” You as a host can choose which accommodation you want to stay in.
Extras Apartments can be added on if requested.
PRICES FOR VENUE HIRES 2024
Daily price for the entire venue with full food catering, facilities, accommodation and equipment.
March/April/ November 700€ price per night
May/ October 1100€ price per night
June/ September 1400€ price per night
July/ August 1600€ price per night
INCLUSIONS for our retreat venue hires
- Accommodation at Mahakala and Villa (6 rooms – 14 people)
- 2 large vegan buffets per day at 10:00 & 17:00
- All facilities at Mahakala Retreats
- All equipment – yoga props including manduka mats, straps and blocks, music instruments, sound system & projector
- Fruit, ginger and herbal teas, lemon water, spring water during the day
- Photo Media package of the retreat space for your marketing purposes
- Free Wifi
NOT INCLUDED in our retreat venue hires
- Flight costs
- Airport Transport (can be organised through us)
- Massages & spa treatments
- TransportTransport to yoga platform (can be organised through us)
- Activities & Excursions
- Tourist Tax (1 euro per day per person)
How can my guests get here?
The closest airport to us is Podgorica Airport (TGD) (Montenegro) 40min away from our centre. Many airlines are flying there (incl. Ryanair) which have direct flights from England, Sweden, Germany and Belgium. From this airport, it takes one hour by car to get to the retreat. Transfer to and from this airport can be arranged by us. Another airport that you can fly into is Tivat airport, and you can organise a taxi from there to our centre.